What is Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is a browser or a program created and designed for browsing the Internet.
The date of birth is September 1, 2008, with the release the next day of the package to install a beta version only for Windows in 43 languages.
In December 2009, equipped versions for Linux and macOS with version 5.0, which was the first – in May 2010 – to be natively available for all three platforms.
As proof of this software’s and the appreciation users, in 2012, it became the most used browser in front of Firefox.
Already at the end of June 2015, it was estimated that it was exploited by 64.8% of connected users.
Initially found it on the WebKit rendering engine, then moved to Blink from version 28.
Its debut on Android is on February 7, 2012, with the first public beta that allowed the installation on all tablets and smartphones with the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich version bringing HTML5 support, privacy, speed, and ease synchronization.
The useful preview link enlarged the links not mistaken to tap among the first hour features, especially on small screens.
Even the incognito mode, not to leave a trace, was present since the debut.
How Google Chrome works?
- It has become increasingly enriched, thanks to the great effort of Google.
- Download pages to be able to read them comfortably and even without connection later with a tap on the three dots at the top left and on the download icon;
- Saving of previously visited pages to speed uploading;
- Automatic compilation of forms, for example, personal data or with personal info;
- Incognito browsing to leave no trace in the browser without saving cookies and history. It is accessed from the
three dots at the top right;
- Browser synchronization on all devices to import favorites, passwords, and customized settings, login with your
- Google account with a tap on the three dots at the top right, Settings;
- Touch to search is accessible from every page to be able to access your favorite content easily with a tap;
- Voice search thanks to precise recognition for safer hands-free use, activated by pressing the microphone key in each text entry box;
- Safe Browsing to protect your device with warnings if you visit potentially dangerous sites or download malicious files. It will therefore be possible to consent to the alarm to avoid risks;
- Integrated translation to visit any site globally, even if in an unknown language or alphabet. Once a page is open, you are asking whether to proceed with translation a few moments and with good quality;
- Save data usage by deleting up to 60% of data without compromising browsing quality, an automatic feature.
- In short, many functions for free and default software to squeeze the best online Browsing from mobile.
How to install Google Chrome and system requirements
- Before installing Google Chrome on your device, you need to check the system requirements.
- However, the browser is compatible with almost all operating systems and the latest generation electronic devices.
- For example, it is possible to use Chrome with Windows PCs, starting from version 7 onwards, with Intel Pentium 4 or higher processors, as long as they can support SSE2 technology.
- Mac OS requires at least version X Yosemite 10.10, or Linux Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit.
- As for mobile devices, on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, it is necessary to have an iOS operating system from version 11.0 onwards, while on smartphones, tablets and smartwatches, it works with any Android version later than 5.0.
- To install Google Chrome on mobile devices, download the app on the Google Play Store, App Store, or Windows Store.
- You need to download the .exe file on the PC, run it, grant permissions, and follow the wizard step by step.
Google Chrome: How to delete auto-saved usernames?
- When the autosave feature is set, paired user names are stored in addition to passwords.
- To delete them, click on the personal profile> choose the Password> Other> Remove item, deleting both the security code and the username connected to it.
- The operation is almost identical, even from Android mobile devices.
- On iPhone and iPad, you need to tap the gear symbol> select Password> Edit> Saved passwords, choose the website> finalize with Delete.
What is the Chrome Web Store?
- In the Chrome Web Store, you can locate apps, extensions, and themes for the Google Chrome browser. Thanks to these additions, you can make the most of Chrome.
Here’s how to make web pages more useful with extensions
- Adding extensions to Google Chrome to make the web pages you visit more useful.
- Here are some benefits of using extensions:
- You can use them to add new functionality to existing web applications.
- Get links and relevant information on pages.
- Can notify in good time about specific events.
Google need the Google Chrome operating system
- We saw a great opportunity in people spending a lot of time online. We created the OS Chrome operating system for these people.
- It differs significantly from all known operating systems currently on the market.
- In Chrome OS, all data is on a network, and every application is an application on the web.
- It enables us to offer the user a system that will be much faster – for example, it would mean that the system would take no longer than a few seconds to start up, and surfing could begin immediately.
- The entire navigation is solved much more quickly than is known from conventional operating systems. You don’t need to install any programs.
- Like Google.com, where we always have access to the latest version of the software, the computer will also work with Chrome OS.
- And the most important thing is that we can offer a much more secure operating system than those currently on the market.