Cloud Print – How does it work? Replacements to Google Cloud Print
Cloud Print is a free service that allows you to use your printer by giving it remote printing commands with a computer, smartphone, tablet, and wherever you are in the world.
Just a device connected to the network, and on return, we will find our prints in the printer’s tray.
If the printer were turned off when it was turned on, it would start printing all print queue files.
Speaking of document management, we mentioned the new technological solutions that help streamline workflows; we have already mentioned Cloud technology among these solutions.
Today, using the latest generation photocopiers and multifunction printers and with a minimum of familiarity in this regard, it is possible to do:
1) Scan documents and find them already archived in shareable web spaces and reachable from any workstation and device.
2) print from anywhere using any android device connected to the network
In particular, for point 2, we are referring to Google’s Cloud Print service.
How does Cloud print work?
- To be able to print, you need to associate the printer with Google Cloud Print.
- However, we must distinguish between Cloud-ready printers (i.e., already connected to the internet) and traditional printers (i.e., related only to the PC).
- In the case of printers already predisposed to the Cloud ( almost all Dokumental printers are ), it will be necessary to refer to the guides made available by the manufacturers to configure the device best.
- In the case of traditional printers, it is necessary:
- Start the PC to which the printer is connected
- Turn on the printer
If necessary, install Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the menu button at the top right
- Select “Settings” scroll down, and select “Show advanced settings.”
- Scroll down until you find “Google Cloud Print” select “Add printers.”
- If required, login with your Google account
- Select the desired printer and enter on “Add printers.”
- From this moment, the PC and the printer are turned on; you can send files to print from any Android device.
Save in the page view in Google Drive
- The “Save to Drive” option will no longer be available for Windows, macOS, and Linux devices.
- You can save documents from the print preview in Google Drive.
- To save from the side view
Make sure you have the Save to Google Drive extension installed.
1. open Chrome on your PC
2. Open the page, picture, or file that you want to print.
3. Choose File Print. Or use a keyboard shortcut:
Windows and Linux: Ctrl + P.
Mac: ⌘ + P.
4. In the Destination list in the box, select Save to drive.
5. If Save to Drive isn’t listed, select See More and select it from there.
6. Choose Save.
The end of the life of Google Cloud Print offers opportunities
- Google Cloud Print will soon be over, and many frustrated IT administrators and end-users will be looking for an alternative.
- However, the end of Google Cloud Print’s life offers opportunities if you know where to look.
- Are you currently using Google Cloud Print? Does your organization have an alternative
When does the Google Cloud Print lifecycle end? And why is it interrupted
- 31, Dec 2020 will be the last day Google Cloud Print is supported. As of January 1, 2021, users will no longer be able to print using GCP.
- Thanks to native printing improvements in Chrome OS and improved functionality of comparable solutions, Google decided to finish Google Cloud Print.
What are the replacements to Google Cloud Print?
- Presently using Google Cloud Print and looking for alternatives, you’re in luck.
- There are many options available to help our customers integrate into their business.
- Papercut Mobility Print enables users to print from Chromebook, iPad, iPhone, Mac, Windows, and Android devices.
- This is a great alternative for printing from multiple local operating systems while maintaining a native printing experience for users. Enter CTRL + P
- Uniflow Online offers suitable and secure cloud printing from any device.
- In addition to securely sending print jobs from anywhere, users can also send print jobs from commonly used cloud
storage repositories such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- Native printing in Chrome OS is still a good option for many Chromebook and G-Suite customers.
- This requires G Suite administrators or individual users to add printers, so some administration and management work still exists.
- Altered essentials of work management software accessible today has a range of features and functionality that can help you plan.
- Microsoft’s Universal Print (now in beta) is Microsoft’s foray into cloud-based printing.
- The project is now available for testing through a public preview for Windows 10 users.
- While Universal Print shows promise, please note that it is still under development.
Also You can find more helpful resources at technologyies
- MORE INFO:- technoologyan
Betting Odds of Cricket: Advice From Our Experts
Betting Odds of Cricket: Advice From Our Experts – It might sound surprising, but betting on cricket is pretty straightforward…
How to Solve [pii_email_89fcbf1b8735e9871b3e] Error Code in MS Outlook?
pii_email_89fcbf1b8735e9871b3e: Email is still one of the top ways to communicate online. Not only do you stay in touch with friends…