Google Calendar is a free instrument for organizing events and appointments through a cloud platform.
It means that with this electronic diary, you can reach your planning at any time, even from a smartphone.
But you can take advantage of this virtual agenda to annotate and synchronize the events that affect your editorial Calendar.
That’s right, and you can use it to remember appointments, mark appointments with clients of your online job
Uses of Google Calendar
- It allows you to create an online schedule that you can share with other people and reachable in any situation.
- Thanks to Google Calendar, you can create a schedule of appointments, commitments, events, work, and personal activities.
- The exciting aspect of this application: you can use the Google tool for personal purposes to organize all your leisure activities.
- But also for office work and teleworking, to plan activities in good time. You can even use it for content marketing projects.
- For example, I created the social editorial Calendar with world days and anniversaries and shared it with readers thanks to this digital planning.
How to activate and add Calendar?
- To take the first steps with your new digital diary, you must have a Gmail account. At this point, after logging in, you must go to the page www.google.com/calendar.
- Here you can use the official web application; in this way, you have activated the program and entered your first Calendar.
How to put Google Calendar on the desktop?
- The easiest way: go with the cursor to where the URL of Google Calendar is, select and drag to the desktop. It creates a link on the desktop.
- And apparently, this is the only way to put it on a desktop without using different applications.
- Alternatively, you can integrate Google Calendar with Windows or Apple Calendar to bring the Mac desktop appointments.
How to sync Google Calendar?
One of the compensations is that you can also synchronize the calendar application with programs like Outlook.
In this way, downloading Google Calendar on the desktop becomes even more comfortable.
I sabbatical you a series of indications to synchronize with:
Find Google Calendar user URL
You can get an address to use for sharing an existing calendar.
To do this, you don’t have to make the document public. Here’s how to get a its URL:
- Go to an existing calendar.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Select the Calendar.
- Go to the Get Links section.
This way, you can find the Google Calendar URL. If you make this document public, you can also share it with people who aren’t subscribed to Google.
Export and import events in Google Calendar
- Do you want to import the events you have saved in your Calendar into Google Calendar?
- In that case, you have first to export the Calendar events (e.g., Apple or Outlook calendar) and then import them into Google Calendar.
- Earliest, open the calendar application in which you have saved your circumstances and look for the option that allows you to export files from the calendar app.
- (e.g., if you use the macOS Calendar app File> Export> Export).
- The files should be saved automatically in CSV format (if you remember, I told you about CSV files in a specific tutorial) in the path you choose.
- Once you have saved the CSV file containing the events you want to import to Google Calendar on your computer, you can move on to the next step and then actually import your events.
How to see a shared calendar?
- In the left sidebar of Calendar, go to Other calendars. In the Add calendar box, enter your e-mail address. Your Calendar should appear in the list.
- Click your Calendar in the list to see the events on the user’s calendar screen.
Recover a deleted Google calendar entry
- The cloud approach used by Google Calendar brings with it multiple benefits.
- If you recognize that you have accidentally deleted one or more appointments from your calendars using some device, access the Web Version of the Google calendar.
- And click on the icon depicting a small gear, and then choose the Trash item.
- From the screen that will appear, it is possible to restore the appointments canceled during the last 30 days.
- It is regardless of whether they have been deleted from mobile devices, from e-mail clients like Thunderbird or Outlook, from the Windows Calendar app or Office 365.
The Google Calendar agenda updated by e-mail every day
- If you are interested in receiving daily appointments via e-mail, access the single calendar settings and then scroll down to locate the General Notifications panel.
- Here you will find the drop-down menu Daily agenda; by selecting E-mail, you will receive the list of daily tasks and appointments as an e-mail.
- Google will think about generating it and sending it entirely automatically.
Restore calendars from a previous version
- When you restore a previous version of calendars:
- The sharing settings are initialized. You can share calendars again or ask the owner to share them too.
- iCloud undoes and re-creates all expected and scheduled events, then resends invitations automatically.
Steps to restore missing calendars
- Log in to iCloud.com.
- Click Account Settings.
- Roll down to the foot of the page. Under Advanced, click Reset calendars and reminders.
- Click Restore next to the date before deleted calendars.
- Click Reset again to confirm. When the reset is complete, you’ll receive a notification on iCloud.com and an e-mail to the address associated with your Apple ID.