Google Glass – What do you need to get started? Latest Edition
Google Glass emerged from Google X, the specialty products division of Google. The product consisted of glasses complemented by a head-up display and made its users look like the Borg from Star Trek.
The product was unveiled in an “Explorer” version in 2013 after a few years of prototyping, as designers attending Google’s I / O conference could purchase a pair for $ 1,500.
According to a Business Insider story, only 8,000 people were accepted into the original Explorer program at that time.
For a while, capturing a couple was viewed as a status symbol on the Silicon Valley set, and due to Google’s strict Terms of Service, program participants weren’t allowed to sell their Google Drive.
What do you need to get started?
Before starting, you will need the following:
- Firstly, Glass
- Secondly, it needs a Google account with Google+ and Gmail.
- An Android or iPhone with Bluetooth enabled.
- Lastly, it needs the MyGlass app (for Android or iOS).
When you set up your Google account on your Glass, you can view and use many Google products right from your device.
Google is opening its latest Google Glass AR headphones for direct purchase
- Almost a year after its launch, Google is making its latest augmented reality headset.
- Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2 is available for direct purchase through select business partners for $ 999.
- The price stays the same (or a little higher if you put the Glass “pod” on a strap), but Google says you no longer have to go to a “solution provider” to buy one.
- It is beneficial for developers who may want to tinker with Google’s head-up display.
- And they have not been able to do so quickly since the device’s “Explorer Edition” first launched in 2014. It was unfortunate.
- Again, this is a company product, so it is not designed for everyday consumer use.
- It is primarily intended for construction and factory work and in the medical field.
- It can use a more straightforward head-up display and does not require a full-fledged mixed reality device such as Microsoft HoloLens.
- “Since the launch of Glass Enterprise Edition 2 last May, developers and companies interested in developing new and useful business solutions for Glass have seen strong demand,” said Jay Kothari, leader of the Google Glass Project, in a post on the blog on Tuesday.
- “To make working with Glass easier for you, you can now buy devices directly from one of our hardware resellers such as CDW, Mobile Advance, or SHI.”
Latest software update for Glass Explorer Edition
- Glass Explorer Edition receives a final update that you need to install manually.
- After February 25, 2020, this update will eliminate the need and ability to use your Google account on Glass.
- Additionally, we will remove the connection from Glass to the back-end services.
- Knowledge management software specializes in the collection, organization, storage, and access to information.
- This update is now available for installation so that you can continue using your device without any problems.
- This update applies to Glass Explorer Edition devices only. Glass Enterprise Edition devices are not affected.
- Glass intuitively adapts to your workflow and helps you stay engaged and focus on quality work by removing distractions.
- With voice commands, you can always activate the right application for you.
Collaborate in real-time
- Glass can instantly connect you with colleagues and put skills to work right where you are.
- Ask others to watch what you see on a live video stream so you can collaborate and troubleshoot in real-time.
What happened to Google Glass?
- While Google Glass was supposed to get a larger version for consumers at one point, it never did.
- As an alternative, Google moved away from the consumer market and turned to the company instead.
- In 2017, an Enterprise edition of Glass was released. A second edition was published last year.
Price of Google Glass
- Google introduces new $ 999 smart glasses for businesses that surpass Microsoft’s HoloLens.
- Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2, Google announced a new set of smart glasses that are more powerful and cost $ 999.
- The company focused on business users after retiring its consumer glass product in 2015.
Google Glass for today
- Google Glass is a laptop with a head-mounted display in a glasses’ shape.
- It act as a hands-free smartphone that allows users to access the mobile internet browser, camera, maps, calendar, and other apps via voice commands.
Also You can find more helpful resources at technologybeam
- MORE INFO:- technoologyin
5 Google Chrome Extensions to Enhance Productivity
5 Google Chrome Extensions to Enhance Productivity – Some of you might not know that Chrome has dominated the global market…
Why Online Education is The Best Thing for Working Professionals
Online Education is The Best Thing for Working Professionals – Introduction College and possibly graduate school have traditionally been seen…