Google My Business
Google My Business is the service that Google has developed for local businesses.
Through this service, shopkeepers and entrepreneurs can communicate to customers or potential customers a whole series of information relating to the point of sale.
Google My Business was created in 2014 and is the service for promoting one’s professional activity through a series of Google services, independent from each other.
Google had long ago started the process of unifying the benefits and management interfaces.
Services Google Places (Maps), Google+ Business Pages, and Local (social), which were once distinct, have been brought within a single product called Google My Business.
Through Google Places, it was possible to claim your company’s datasheet present on Google Maps to manage and update the data independently.
With the advent of Google+, a new, twofold need has arisen: interaction.
Interact with potential customers through your company page; post photos, promotions, updates, and respond to reviews, both positive and negative.
Benefits of Google My Business
1. Manage personal information
- Manage the information that Google users find when searching for your business or the products and services you offer.
- Once they find your business on Google Maps and Search, users can see information such as opening hours, websites, and addresses.
2. Interact with customers</h3.
- You can read and respond to customer reviews and post photos indicative of what you do.
- Businesses that add photos to their business profile receive 42% more requests for directions on Google Maps and 35% more website clicks than businesses without pictures.
3. Interpret and expand your online presence
- Find insights to understand how customers search for your business and where they come from.
- You can also find out more information, like how many people call your business directly from the phone number shown in local search results on Maps and Search.
- To better understand what you offer, you can create and track the performance of Smart campaigns.
- Download the free Google My Business Android app to log into your account and update business information wherever you are.
Google My Business is based on three (3) simple ideas
- They are giving visibility to commercial activities in a social and mobile reality full of interactions.
- Helping businesses succeed by allowing them to create and track corporate identity online.
- It is an access point to Google commercial products (for example, Adwords Express).
- Suppose companies present themselves at their best, update their data and interact with users.
- In that case, it benefits everyone: users will have precise and timely information, brands will intercept more customers, and Google will be able to sell advertising to happy and content companies.
What is a business profile Google My Business?
- Once you have registered on Google My Business, you will have your business profile available, allowing you to update your address, phone number, website, opening hours, offers, and photos to help customers find and interact with your business.
- You can also create a free business website, which you can set up in minutes.
- It is created automatically using your business profile information and automatically updates each time you change your profile.
Google Maps Business View
- In addition to managing photos on Google My Business, with the same Street View technology like Google Maps, the Google team brings people into the business by creating a 360-degree virtual tour.
- Google Maps Business View is the best online showcase that a shop, restaurant, hotel, pizzeria, and other business can have.
- It is an imperative opportunity for all companies looking to engage new customers online.
Link Google Ads to Google My Business
Once the listing has been verified, you can carry out your marketing operations by linking the listing to the Google Ads tool. Doing this is pretty simple:
- Log into your Google Ads account.
- In the left navigation menu, click Ads and extensions.
- If you have selected your account, you will find 3 sections at the top: Ads, Extensions, Automatic Extensions.
- Click on Extensions.
- Add a Location Extension by clicking on the blue + icon.
A window will pop up, giving you 2 options: Find an Account and Link to an account whose address I know. You can choose the method you prefer; the important thing is to be sure that you have permission to manage the card or be the owner.
In the finish, an email will be sent, which must be confirmed.
How to delete photos from Google My Business
The operation is quite simple:
After logging in, navigate through the sidebar on the left in the picture.
- Select the photo you want to delete by clicking on it.
- Click on the Recycle Bin in the upper right corner.
Just perform these simple steps for each photo you want to delete.
- You will undoubtedly have noticed in the two previous images the stars with the numbers in brackets.
- Those are the customer reviews. Google’s tool allows customers to leave positive or negative feedback on various businesses.
- It can be a double-edged sword. Managing reviews would require a separate article.
- It is also a general question among users. The answer is simple: nothing. The creation of a card has no cost if you want to manage it independently.
- Google will offer you optional additional services for your business that may require a fee. Such as a personalized email address or ad serving.
- It is also advisable to rely on professionals for account management and obtain the best possible result.
- If you need assistance from Google, you can consult the guide that appears by clicking service from the navigation sidebar.
- You will find links that answer some common questions, the possibility of visiting the forum or requesting a contact.
- If you need help regarding the management of the Google My Business account
- READ MORE:- techbloggerit