Google Slides – Accessing, Create a new presentation, Access
Google Slides is a free web presentation program that competes with Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
It’s part of G Suite, Google’s complete office suite (although some people call it all Google Docs).
The other primary services of the cloud suite are Sheets (Excel) and Docs (Word).
Google Slides is accessible on all devices and platforms. All your necessity is an internet connection and a web browser (or in the case of a cell phone, Android, and iOS).
Google takes care of the rest and does the heavy lifting while the software is running in the cloud.
Slides support multiple file types done. ppt, .pptx, .odp, .jpg, .svg and .pdf.
It allows you to view or convert Microsoft Office files right in Google Drive or insert pictures right into a slide.
Because Slides is an online presentation program, you can share and collaborate with multiple people in the same
file and track reviews, changes, and suggestions – all in real-time.
Accessing Google Slides
- To access slides from any Google page, click the app launcher in the upper right corner, then click the slide icon.
- The app launcher can be adjusted in terms of icon position, so your slide icon’s work can be elsewhere in the list.
- If this is your first time-consuming slides, you may need to click the More link at the bottom of the app launcher window.
Create a new presentation
- On the Slides home page, you can click once to create a blank expression, create a presentation from a template, or open a current exhibition.
- To create a new show, click on the Blank Template icon.
Create a new slide
- Whether you are using a predefined theme template or working from your design, it is straightforward to insert a new slide.
- In the slides area, click the slide under which you want the new fall to appear.
- On the Home tab, in the Slides cluster. Enter the New Slide button.
- The new slide should appear below the selected slide if you want to add a new slide in between, like the first of the two slides, and click New Slide.
- Notice that the New Slide button has an arrow from the New Slide button. Click the arrow to display different slide layouts.
- Another way to change the slides’ design is to click the Layout button in the Slides group.
- The slide layout option determines the position of objects on a drop. Just click on the layout you want to use, and it will appear in the sliding window.
Create and organize slides
- There are numerous methods to create a new slide. The easiest way to do this is to click on the + button on the toolbar.
- Select a layout for the recent slide by clicking the drop-down arrow.
- In the slide list on the left, drag the slide you want to move to another position in the presentation.
- Select multiple slides to move multiple slides at once.
- Right-click on the slide you want to replace in the sidebar and select Duplicate Slide.
- Right-click on the slide you want to delete in the sidebar and select Delete Slide.
- You can also set the fall and press the delete key on your keyboard.
Check your spelling in Google Slides
- Now that you’ve got some introductions, it’s time to make sure your spelling and grammar are correct.
- Slides are equipped with a spell checker. If you misspell something, it highlights the error with a wavy line and prompts you to make a conversion.
- It should be on default, but you can sort sure that in Tools> Spelling> Underline Errors.
- To see spelling corrections and suggestions, right-click on the word with the line below.
- You can also press Ctrl + Alt + X (Windows) or Command + Alt + X (Mac) to open the Spell and Grammar Check tool.
- With a spell checker, Google Slides comes with a built-in dictionary and thesaurus.
- Usage of highlighting a word, right-click it, and then click “Define (word).”
- While this should get you started, we’ve got a deeper dive into Google’s spelling and grammar checker if you want more information.
Google Slides and PowerPoint Online
- PowerPoint Online is arguably not as feature-rich as Google Slides, so the former is more comfortable to use.
- Also, many users these days have a Google account rather than a Microsoft account.
- Free users will find it easier to use Google Slides even if they download and view a PowerPoint file.
Internet (Online) access
- Since Google Slides is primarily a cloud-based app, access via a browser has always been reasonably
- However, Microsoft has its online accessibility options, such as Office 365 or the free PowerPoint Online web application.
- Both platforms are integrated with their cloud storage services: OneDrive for PowerPoint and Google Drive for Google Slides.
- There’s no denying that PowerPoint has always had an advantage in delivering robust offline applications to desktop users.
- Unfortunately, I can’t say that for its half-hearted mobile apps for Android, iOS, and its Surface tablets.
- Not only are these apps not as powerful as the desktop edition, but they also lack the features that would be useful for an experienced user.
- Google Slides caught up with Microsoft to improve its offline functionality through “Google Slides Offline” (Chrome OS or the Chrome browser extension).
- For detailed instructions, please visit the official Google support page on how to enable Google Files offline for computers, Android devices, iPhone, or iPad.
- On top of that, Google has even tried to get under Microsoft’s skin by launching its Google Drive plugin for MS Office, allowing Office files to be saved directly to Google Drive.
- In other words, you can use MS Office apps like PowerPoint and make your files available online for use with Google apps like Google Slides.
- Designing slides and merely running them is essential for any presentation app to be worthwhile.
- Some ambitious mobile and web apps have tried to stay away from traditional slides, but they don’t seem useful to an average user, like PowerPoint or Google Slides.
Betting Odds of Cricket: Advice From Our Experts
Betting Odds of Cricket: Advice From Our Experts – It might sound surprising, but betting on cricket is pretty straightforward…
How to Solve [pii_email_89fcbf1b8735e9871b3e] Error Code in MS Outlook?
pii_email_89fcbf1b8735e9871b3e: Email is still one of the top ways to communicate online. Not only do you stay in touch with friends…