Mayor of the NewYork City – Bill de Blasio
Bill de Blasio is the 109th Mayor of NewYork City. From his initial days as a young City Hall staff member to his service on his community’s school board and his most recent role.
As New York City ombudsman, Bill de Blasio has spent his life fighting to ensure that every New Yorker has a fair chance in every neighborhood in our five boroughs.
Bill and his wife Chirlane are the proud parents of Chiara, a sophomore in college, and Dante, a junior in high school.
Bill and Chirlane raised their children in Brooklyn and put them in New York City public schools.
However, they understand firsthand the critical role parents and teachers share in the next generation’s education.
They also understand the importance of providing equal educational opportunities for all neighborhoods.
After graduating from New York University (NYU), Bill studied at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs.
However, he started his communal service career as an assistant to New York City’s first African-American major, David N. Dinkins. He then became a community affairs assistant at City Hall.
And also, Bill De Blasio, born in Manhattan, was primarily raised in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Profile of Mayor of the New York City – Bill de Blasio
- Born: May 8, 1961 (59 years), Manhattan, New York, United States
- Full Name: Warren Wilhelm Jr.
- Height: 1.96 m
- Spouse: Chirlane McCray (m. 1994)
- Party: Working Families Party
- Children: Chiara de Blasio, Dante de Blasio
Bill de Blasio American politician
- Bill de Blasio’s original name is Warren Wilhelm Jr. (Born May 8, 1961, New York, New York, USA), an American Democratic politician.
- Moreover, he served as Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager for her successful Senate run in 2000 and as a New York City Councilor (2002-09).
- And also, Bill de Blasio starts his politician serving in 2014.
- However, as a working member of the Democratic Party, he held the New York City Public Advocate’s office from 2010 – 2013.
- At the age of five, he moved towards Cambridge, Massachusetts, with his mother, Mary, a public relations manager, and his father, Warren, a World War II veteran.
- The latter served in the Pacific theater and lost a leg in a grenade attack.
- However, De Blasio graduated from New York University in 1984 and earned a Master of Public and International Affairs from Columbia University in 1987.
- Although, he was called Bill from the beginning, he changed his name to Warren de Blasio-Wilhelm in 1983, her mother’s last name was de Blasio, and she later adopted Bill de Blasio as her legal name in 2002.
- After storming the CapitolNew York City wants to terminate contracts with Trump Organization
- New York Mayor de Blasio sees Donald Trump involved in “criminal activity” in the face of the storm on the Capitol.
- However, it is said to have consequences for the city’s business relationships with Trump’s companies.