Texas Attorney General – Duties, Biography, Reason for Finding Public Office
Texas Attorney General
Texas Attorney General is Ken Paxton, who is elected as the 51st Attorney General.
He was voted on November 4, 2014, and swore on January 5, 2015. In 2018, he was re-elected for a succeeding term.
As chief of state law enforcement, Attorney General Paxton directs more than 4,000 employees in 38 departments and 117 offices across Texas.
These include nearly 750 attorneys handling more than 30,000 cases annually, including enforcing child support orders, protecting Texans from consumer fraud, enforcing open government law, providing legal advice to state officials, and Texas state representation in court.
Basically, his first big move as attorney general was to form a particular anti-trafficking unit in Texas.
During the initial year of its presence, the Human Trafficking and Cross-Border Organized Crime Division helped arrest the CEO of Backpage.com.
However, It coordinated the permanent closure of Backpage.com, the largest online sex trafficking market in the United States.
Under Attorney General Paxton’s direction, the agency’s child support division is widely recognized as the country’s most successful and affordable program.
However, In fiscal 2018, the division raised more than $ 4.378 billion for Texas households, an unprecedented amount in a year for any state.
And also, this success has helped Texas taxpayers avoid more than $ 1 billion in additional government aid costs.
What is the Texas Attorney General doing?
- The Attorney General’s Office’s primary responsibility is to defend Texas’s state and its duly elected laws by providing legal representation for the state.
- He serves Texas’s children by enforcing state child support laws, ensuring Texans’ justice, and protecting Texans from the garbage.
Texas Assistant Attorney General?
- AG Paxton Announces Grant Dorfman as Deputy First Assistant Attorney General.
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced that Grant Dorfman had joined the agency as assistant first assistant attorney general.
How many lawyers are there in Texas?
- Have you ever wondered how many lawyers are there in the state of Texas? Well, as of 2019, there are 75,104 licensed attorneys in Texas counties.
- However, our Houston drug crime attorney Paul Darrow created an infographic to show the number of lawyers per 1,000 county residents.
Ken Paxton Jr. Biography
- Full name: Ken Paxton, Jr.
- Gender: Male
- Family: Angela wife; 4 children; Tucker, Abby, Madison, Katie
- Date of birth: 23.12.1962
- Place of birth: Minot Air Force Base, ND
- Hometown: McKinney, TX
- Religion: Christian
- JD, University of Virginia Law School, 1988-1991
- MBA, Baylor University, 1985-1986
- BA, Psychology, Baylor University, 1981-1985
- Attorney General, State of Texas, 2015-present
- Senator, Texas State Senate, 2012-2014
- Representative, Texas State House of Representatives, 2002-2012
- Owner of Ken Paxton Attorney at Law from 2002 to present
- Former In-House Legal Counsel in J.C. Penney Company, Amalgamated
- Partner/Attorney, Pittenger, Paxton, Nuspl, and Crumley
- Attorney, Strasburger and Price, Limited Liability Partnership from 1991 to 1995
- Management Consultant, Arthur Andersen, 1986-1988
Other religious and civic members
- Firstly, Member of the founding committee of the Collin County Student Aviation Initiative
- Secondly, Member of the Frisco Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the McKinney Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the McKinney Rotary Club
- And also, Member of the Plano Chamber of Commerce
- Honorary President of the Prosper Open Foundation
- Founding member, St.
- Father’s Occupation: Veteran, United States Air Force
Additional Info: Reason for Finding Public Office
- Texas is the last great hope against total federal invasion, and the attorney general’s office is the first line of defense in this contest.
- Basically, the office is the line in the sand – the only one between President Obama and Texas.
- As the primary legal line of defense against the federal government’s pursuit of control over our lives, the Attorney General is the “spearhead” in this crucial battle.
- So, the next attorney general must be a trustworthy, committed constitutional conservative, a Texan who he knows can be relied upon to show political courage, regardless of personal significance.
- The campaign that cuts thousands of miles in Texas, wasting time on my family and business.
- I am running for attorney general because the stakes are too high, and I am willing to fight to make sure the Lone Star State remains a beacon of freedom and liberty for the country.
- When I competed for the Texas legislature, I ran on a platform of traditional principles and won.
- I never have, and never will, changed my core beliefs since entering public office.
- While many candidates claim to be a conservative, I am the only candidate with decades of experience in actually getting hard grades, fighting in the trenches for our values year after year.
- However, during this election season, you will hear many speeches, many promises of resistance in Washington.
Publicly opposes President’s policies
- Frankly, here in Texas, it’s easy and even famous for a Republican to publicly oppose President Obama’s policies.
- Speaking against liberal agendas and democratic rivals don’t take much political courage.
- However, it takes courage to hold on to one’s conservative beliefs when it requires rejection of one’s political party. It is my record.
- When I was elected, I dared to fight for what is right, even when it wasn’t popular. I voted against inflated budgets.
- Basically, I offered myself as a conservative substitute for the Speaker of the House. I am voting gradually, sometimes against the leadership of my party, to protect traditional principles.
- And also, I have the experience, credentials, and political bravery to represent Texas as your next attorney general.
Also You can find more helpful resources at healthcaresworld
- MORE INFO:- itechits
Have You Heard of the Fibonacci Number and Series? Here Are Some Important Details you Need to Learn
Fibonacci has been named after Leonardo Pisano, he was born in 1170 in Pisa. A Fibonacci number is a number…
How to Fix [pii_email_8908f3cbfca757e25c17] Error Code in MS Outlook?
pii_email_8908f3cbfca757e25c17: Email is still one of the supreme ways to communicate online. Not only do you stay in touch with…