A website builder is a tool that can be used to build websites without manual code changes.
It is a Software or Tool that you can use to build a website in other confrontations.
There are different types of website builders, but our primary focus is on online website builders.
Types of website builders
Offline and Online are two types:
1. Offline website builder
- Offline website builders (OWB) are software programs that you download and install on your computer.
- You create your Website and save your files to your computer. When your Website is ready, you need to upload all your website files to a web host.
- One advantage of these website builders is that the software works on your computer to work on your Website level even when you are offline.
- However, since you will need to upload your files to a web host, you will need some technical skills or experience.
- In addition to the website builder software, you will need to buy a hosting web account.
- An example of an offline website builder is Rapidweaver
2. Online website builder
- Online website builders are web-based and managed by the service of the provider.
- Unlike offline website builders, there is no need to download or install the software on your computer.
- Wholly you need is a web browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer) and an Internet connection.
- This way, you can work on your Website from anywhere and from any device.
- Another advantage is that the website builder comes with web hosting services, so you don’t have to purchase and configure them separately.
- Online website builders are planned for people with no programming knowledge.
- An example of an online website builder is Website.com
How does an Online Website Builder Work?
- Online website builders are super easy to use and allow anyone – novice or experienced designer – to build an entire website in minutes using a drag and drop editor.
- Users create a website by merely dragging and dropping items to the desired location. No programming knowledge or experience is required.
- It’s as easy as moving file icons around on your computer.
Create a stunning website with design to no little experience
- The good impression is that you don’t know a web designer’s essence to make a stunning website or any design skills or programming, technical.
- All you need is a decent website builder. A website builder is an online tool used to build and manage websites.
- Many website builders out there, but basically, they all do the same thing: make the process of building a website easy for anyone, novice or advanced user.
- Professionally designed website templates
- Simple and user-friendly editor
- Tools and widgets to improve the functionality of your Website
Creating a website has never been easier
Drag & drop editor
- Weebly’s Drag & Drop Website Builder makes it easy to create a high-performing, professional-looking website without knowing the code.
- Over 40 million companies and small businesses have already used Weebly to build their online presence with a website, blog, or shop.
Add elements to your Website
- Content elements (such as texts, photos, maps, and videos) are added to your Website using drag & drop.
- The edited text is just like in a word processing program. Build your Website in real-time, right in your web browser.
- There is absolutely nothing to install and no upgrades to worry about.
- Drag and drop slideshows, videos, and dynamic content into your Website’s header to offer your visitors a memorable
experience with the help of the fully customizable header.
- Customizable headers give you the flexibility to build impressive pages that can help drive your sales and entertain your audience.
Full-width images and color backgrounds
- Create unique and modern designs with customizable picture and color backgrounds.
- Each area you drag and drop onto your page in full width works like a separate mini-page and can contain multiple
design elements such as color backgrounds, text, images, and videos.
- These elements allow you to add variety and individuality to your page layout by adding independent areas.
Website Builder Comparison
- This website builder comparison of me is about creating your Website with the help of a website builder.
- There are now many modular solutions providers who advertise stylish designing websites without great effort. Take a closer look at this and check whether this is the case.
- For this trip, I looked at the offers of the well-known Swiss providers Hostpoint, host tech, and Webland and extensively tested their tools.
- The test focuses on design, functionality, and ease of use.
The best website builder
- It is possible to implement websites quickly and by hand without in-depth IT knowledge or expensive web designers.
- It has never so easy to design a website. In my check, I liked the modules from host tech and Webland.
- Webland only sells the American provider Weebly (with partial data storage in the USA).
- In contrast, host tech relies on a specially programmed system.
- The modular system from Hostpoint is stable but offers the worst price-performance ratio in the test.
- Therefore, my tip is the Website Creator from host tech, which is also the only construction kit where the publication location can be freely chosen and can publish the page on any host.
- Other pluses are the system’s flexibility, the Swiss-made factor, and hosting is already included in the price.