What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is cloud storage like Dropbox. Here you can securely save all the data you want online and share individual files with friends or colleagues if you wish.
Use Google Drive is a Google account. A separate registration is not necessary. You get 15 GB of free of charge storage space.
If that’s not enough for you, you can increase your volume to 100 GB for 1.99 euros per month. If you need even more space, rent 200 GB for 2.99 euros per month.
Don’t be surprised that the new tariffs are no longer listed under Google Drive. The group now offers the paid storage space under the name Google One.
You can reach Google Drive online on the website and via the iOS and Android app. If you install Google Drive for Windows or Google Drive for Mac, you can also synchronize entire folders with your computer.
Google Drive acted as an additional storage location for your files, both on the PC and accessed anywhere from the web storage.
Alternatives to Google Drive
- Google Drive isn’t the only cloud storage from which you can take advantage.
- You only have 2 GB of free storage space with Dropbox. But you can easily unlock more free storage space for Dropbox.
- OneDrive is an offer from Microsoft. 5 Gbytes of storage space are included free of charge.
- Apple users, in particular, should also be familiar with the iCloud. You get 5 GB of free of charge storage space.
- However, you cannot store any data here. Apple must activate the content.
- With the iCloud Control Panel for Windows, you can synchronize your Apple device with your PC.
- Am I well protected from hacking attacks? And could it be that Google is rummaging through my documents itself?
- Google itself thinks that Drive is a safe service.
- However, Google’s safety instructions are not particularly meaningful.
- It is only piercing out that the user should log out or lock the computer.
- It is also piercing out that they should use the most robust possible password. How to find the most secure
password possible is shown here.
- No cloud storage is wholly secure. You can find out how cloud providers’ data protection is doing here.
- So it would be best if you were on Google Drive, not store sensitive data. You should also save your saved data again on a physical data carrier, such as an external hard drive.
- If, for example, there were server problems at Google or data were deleted by a hack, you would no longer be able to access your documents.
How does the synchronization with “Google Drive” work?
- “Google Drive” works similarly to Dropbox:
- Your files are uploaded from the Hard Drive to the so-called cloud. On any other computer that has Google Drive installed and the same Google Account is used, the files are synchronized in the same way:
- Computer B is then informed of the change and downloads the modified file, overwriting the old file.
- Your data are always up to date, regardless of which computer you are working from in the cloud.
What does it cost to use Google Drive?
- Customers are free to use it if they don’t need more than fifteen GB of online storage.
- This version includes all Google services. If necessary, customers can buy additional storage space on Google Drive at any time :
How long will Google drive last?
Thirty (30) days:
- Google Drive does keep versions of files going back 30 days (more if you get into preferences) and maintains a trash folder for deleted files. can use so it for backing up data
What are the disadvantages of Google Drive?
- Hackers hack or remove your important data. One of the disadvantages that I think might happen will be the hackers who hack or remove your essential data or install viruses into your server, and your files are gone.
- Uploading and Downloading Speed.
Will Google Drive delete old files?
- Move your Google Drive files to the Trash to delete them. Files in the recycle bin mechanically deleted after 30 days.
- You can restore files from the Recycle Bin before the 30-day window. You can also permanently delete them to empty the Trash.
Delete photos and videos
- Go to photos.google.com on your computer.
- Point to the item that you want to delete. In the upper left, click Select.
- In the upper right, click Trash.
Tip: If you backed up the photo or video before deleting it, it would remain in the Trash for 60 days.
To permanently delete photos and videos
- Go to your computer’s recycle bin.
- Place the pointer on the item you want to delete permanently. At the top left, click Select.
- At the top right, click Permanently Delete.
Recover photos and videos
If you want to recover a deleted thing, check the Recycle Bin to see if you can recover it. If you’ve already backed up and deleted the photo or video, it will remain in the Trash for 60 days.
- Go to photos.google.com on your computer.
- On the left, click Trash.
- Place your cursor over the video or photo you want to restore, then click Select.
- Click Reset in the upper right corner. That video or photo will remain restored to your Google Photos account and added to any albums.
Can’t find the photo or video?
- However, if a deleted photo or video is not in the recycle bin, it cannot remain recovered. Cannot restore an image if:
- Firstly, You moved it to the Trash over 60 days ago.
- Secondly, You moved it to the Trash and then emptied the Trash.
- You have permanently deleted it from the recycle bin.
- And also, You eternally deleted it from your device’s Gallery app without backing it up first.
- Turn on Backup & Sync to easily find and restore photos.
Important: If your Google Photos account has been inactive for two (2) years or exceeded your storage limit, it may affect your content.